• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help a watercooling noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vivithemage

I have an i5 2500k coming, and want to OC it like mad, so I thought i'd get the corsair H70, but realized it would be really fun/cool to set up a WC setup.

I do not have my case yet, or the H70, so I am open as hell what to get.

I hear the HAF 932 is an awesome case for water cooling, or the 700D/800D.

I want to build something nice, that can cool my 460 GTX, and i5 2500k at LEAST. It'd be cool if it could do the motherboard as well, but not required. If possible, keep it inside the case too.

Help a lil noober boober!

You'll need $400+ easy to cool that setup. A good CPU loop can be bought for about $150, not top of the line, but good enuff. A top o line CPU loops with pretty fittings, best rads/pump is about $300. You'll add about $80 to $100 to add the GPU to the loop, and you might need more radiator too.

The H70 isn't that great, with fan mods it's as good as a top air cooler. It's not magic for sure. And costs more than just as effective air coolers.

Your best bet is to start with the stickies up top and this link I maintain.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Instead of the h70. You could get the noctua nh-d14. Its a monster but it whoops ***. Its the king of air coolers lol. As for the gpus, if you get a nice case with plenty of fans itll work better. Plus you can have extra moneye for somethin else. =P

you should check out muddocktor's in house testing of the h70, d14 and others.

Back