• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon II X3 Temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkgerm

Registered
Hey guys, I have a quick question about temperatures. At 3.4ghz (stock was 2.7) HardwareMonitor is showing that all 3 cores idle at around 23C, and the socket temp is around 33C. I know that AMD CPUs should not get to over 55C on full load, but is that the core temperature or socket temp? When I'm at full load on Prime95 the socket temp gets to around 52C, and the cores get to around 44C. This is my first AMD CPU, so what I'd like to know is if the max temperature is for the socket temp, or the core temp.

Hey guys, I have a quick question about temperatures. At 3.4ghz (stock was 2.7) HardwareMonitor is showing that all 3 cores idle at around 23C, and the socket temp is around 33C. I know that AMD CPUs should not get to over 55C on full load, but is that the core temperature or socket temp? When I'm at full load on Prime95 the socket temp gets to around 52C, and the cores get to around 44C. This is my first AMD CPU, so what I'd like to know is if the max temperature is for the socket temp, or the core temp.

Core temp. You have plenty of room temp wise to continue the overclock. What's your vcore at? 1.5 is the max I feel comfortable with for 24/7 computing.

Right now my vcore is at 1.4, but my power supply is on the brink of death, so I'm waiting till my new 700w PSU comes on Tuesday to do any more experimenting. I also have a 120mm exhaust fan coming on Tuesday also, so I'm hoping I can get past 3.5ghz when it comes. Also, I have had my vcore at 1.44 with no problems. I just turned it down since I don't trust my PSU.

Back