• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tools for Benchmarking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bman.

Registered
Good morning gang-

I am doing some preliminary benchmarking on my current system in preparation for my new SB. I am curious to know what the typical tools are that folks are using now a days and what versions I should be looking for. A few years ago when I first OC'd my Q6600 it was

SuperPi
Speedfan

Prime95 for stressing
OCCT

CPUz for reviewing clock speeds

What should I download today for tests on Win7 64 bit that will give me data that I can compare to the majority of the world? 3DMark Vantage?

Should I still use the above softwares for testing and data analysis?

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

superpi 1m/ 32m
wprime 32m/ 1024m
pifast
pcmark2005

for temps I like hwmonitor.

Cpu-z 1.56 is the latest. It's required for clock speeds of cpu and memory.
Gpu-z 0.5.0 is the latest. It's used for clock speeds on Graphics cards.
Super Pi 1.5 XS Mod is the version required on HWbot because it shows to three decimal places.
Wprime 1.55 is required as well (for reasons I'm not positive on).
Hexus Pifast.bat is the version of Pifast in use because it has the settings preset.

Everything else, such as the 3d mark benchmarks, are pretty straightforward since they can be downloaded from the futuremark website. :thup:

Stress testing is something we don't usually do (since hardware can go much farther for benchmarks). Prime 95 is still in use though, and OCCT as well. intel burn test is common as well.

Thanks - I know I will have more questions. The new SB 2600k, P8P67, RipJaw DDR3 1600 and Samsung SSD are somewhere between California and my front door step.

I am just getting preliminary benching of my Q6600 done and out of the way so I can see the changes / improvements with the new loot.

It seems the voltages are getting more and more complicated compared to when I just pushed the FSB, the Vcore a little as needed, loosen the timings, up the NB a little. Maybe I am just rusty...

Back