• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No audio output device is installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thetriplewide

Registered
the sound icon on the task bar has a red X cursor and displays this message. however, in device manager, all 3 of my sound drivers are installed and are listed as working properly. then, in control panel>sound, no devices are listed.

i have tried scanning for hardware changes, disabling/re-enabling drivers, and uninstalling the drivers then restarting my computer to let windows reinstall them. no solutions thus far.

i am using windows 7 64, HT omega striker 7.1 sound card, and HDMI from an HD 5770. any help would be appreciated.

thanks for the reply, redduc. i have the latest rev, and i read through that thread you posted. i will try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers (some in that thread suggested removing the hsmgr.exe file before reinstalling).

but would my sound card keep my computer from recognizing all of my sound outputs (video card, sound card, and motherboard)??

thanks for the reply, redduc. i have the latest rev, and i read through that thread you posted. i will try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers (some in that thread suggested removing the hsmgr.exe file before reinstalling).

but would my sound card keep my computer from recognizing all of my sound outputs (video card, sound card, and motherboard)??

It shouldn't. I switched from Realtek to ATI to Xonar on the same system with all 3 hooked up and it recognized and switched around no problem.

It shouldn't. I switched from Realtek to ATI to Xonar on the same system with all 3 hooked up and it recognized and switched around no problem.

As did I for months (until yesterday), even currently in device manager all three drivers are showing up as enabled and working properly. however, the sound manager in control panel is listing no devices and there is a red x over the volume icon in the taskbar. :bang head

Back