• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DEAD - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 $200 after discounts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ugh.. paypal is still drained.. waiting to sell my proc and ram when my new stuff gets in.. dangit!

I got in on this a couple days ago. Should have my card tomorrow. :D I'm done with crossfire and I never play the latest games until they drop to about $20, anyway, so this should keep me happy for a while.

They once had this on sale with promocode that made it as low as $240. Great card. I have on myself.

Hm.. I followed link.. for some reason I don't see any MIR information at all.. I could just be crazy then.. ignore me!

Just got mine, but haven't had a chance to install yet. First impressions: not flimsy at all. The heatsink looks pretty nice (5 heatpipes), we'll see about the fan. No heatsinks on the memory but there is a ridged metal sink covering the VRM.

Just got mine, but haven't had a chance to install yet. First impressions: not flimsy at all. The heatsink looks pretty nice (5 heatpipes), we'll see about the fan. No heatsinks on the memory but there is a ridged metal sink covering the VRM.

Let us know how well it is..

I "heard" the OC'ing for this card is "capped" @ 900/1300, unless you edit some file in MSI AB. :confused:

Wow, great deal...I bought my XFX HD5870 for $413

BTW, is the 5870 better than the 6870?

I think so, by a little bit. But 6870 costs a bit more than this 5870 (depending on which 6870 you choose), and also consumes less power and produces less heat.

The difference between the 5870 and the 6870 "I" want, is $40 + S&H. So it's pretty important I figure out which may be the best way to go.

I think so, by a little bit. But 6870 costs a bit more than this 5870 (depending on which 6870 you choose), and also consumes less power and produces less heat.

The difference between the 5870 and the 6870 "I" want, is $40 + S&H. So it's pretty important I figure out which may be the best way to go.
There's gobs of threads on this subject here and elsewhere. Long story short, 5870 is faster in most games except those that use a lot of tessellation, then they start to pull even. And 6870 crossfire outperforms 5870 crossfire.

I haven't tried to OC my new card yet but so far stock performance is looking good. The cooler is pretty quiet and seems effective. Temps are 38 idle/70 load (playing Metro 2033 for 30 min.s) and the fan never goes above 40%.

Back