• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ohh i feel like a kid in a candy store :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
ok im getten a new mobo soon, more than likely for a birthday present. For the last 3 months ive been dead set on getting the new epox board (8k3a+, thought it was still 8kha2 when i was waiting ;)) but now ive kinda been talked into looking at the soyo dragon+ and mmmm does it look good.

Now as you can see i dont know which one of these things to get. Overclocking is very important to me, hence the want for the epox, but some of the features on the dragon are too good to just ignore.

So if you guys would, tell me which one you would pick and why and ill give you a big hug... ok not really but id be appreciative.

Jon Austin

well i dont see anything wrong with it, truthfully im not increadably partial to it but nothing really offends me so yea. I think i may go with the new epox board, unless anyone can persuade me otherwise.

epox boards are great, but so is the dragon+. u really have a gamble of getting your fsb over 150, but cpu's o/c very well and it has great sandra scores. and the dragon is ROCK STABLE. its easily the best board i ever had. i havent personally used one, but people swear by the 8kha+.
what do u want more, a bunch of great integrated features or a super high fsb?
once i set up a raid array, this board will have been well worth a liwer fsb, and the integrated sound is only slightly noticably less quality than the audigy. it easily sounds just as good as an SB live card.
the dragons biggest prob is there are no pci or agp dividers, or a VDIMM adjustment, wich isnt all that important.
-Malakai

Back