• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IHO Temp to "High"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koppis006

Registered
Hey! When i enter Bios and check the temps. It says that my IOH temp is 90c. But there is no sign of heat when i touch the NB SB or Mosfet. Is this a bug?

I may be a bit off base, but I see many posts complaining that their heatsink isn't hot and their temps are high. If the heatsink isn't "sinking heat", per se, then it isn't going to be hot :p The only time heatsinks are cold is when the computer is off, when they aren't doing their job, or when the thing they are cooling is low wattage.

If the heatsink in question was mounted incorrectly, perhaps with a gap not filled by any TIM or Thermal Pads, then when you get it mounted correctly I'd expect the sink to be hot :)

took out my motherboard. And put new pasta etc. much better now. 40C load

My IOH temps seems to be hot aswell. 80° at 26° room temp, but there is a Oasis cooler and right at the pipe its 55° hot (that means you can barely touch it anymore with your fingers), the huge end of the sink is 46° hot, there is no mistaken, i took the temp using a precise infrared temp gun. Is that a adequate value or can it be possible that some chinese didnt put the sink on properly? Stuff like that seems to happen frequently. The temp doesnt go up that fast, it takes several min to reach the peak. It would be lot of work for me to reapply the stuff because its a complicated constrution (harder than usual boards) and i would have to remove even the entire CPU cooler, so i have to be sure that it may help.

I try to align to the smaller end (on the IOH) directly to take that temp aswell but its very hard since its just full of many pipes and stuff, barely able to access.

There is just no picture on the net, its so hard to believe.

Last edited:
Probably not Chinese. More likely Taiwan. Or mabey some other place. Dunno how Chinese comes into this.

What is an oasis cooler? And the pipe you mention? Pics or a link might help.

You never know if its true what the board is saying. Well, i dunno who was attaching the cooler but surely it wasnt UK, unless you gonna do it for me without charge... then we will talk about. ;)

I try to find, its really hard. Its on the Shuttle SX58H7PRO , its not the same heatsink such as on the non PRO version, not worse nor better, simply different. There is aswell a Oasis cooler. Its not made with copper, however, it seems to be more huge and surely got a rather expensive build (with heatpipe), not bad but still looks hot to me.

The second picture is the Oasis pipe which i got the exactly same design. The pipe heading toward lower IHO seems to have some oil between the sink and the pipe, but that seems fine because the pipe isnt melted together with the sink, that means it is removable and therefore the oil helps in order to give max contact, since it could have air between and air is very bad conductor. we all know that. And i didnt see copper at the pipe however i think there is copper inside but its not visible because of a nickel coating, just weird why on the picture it looks like copper. It surely is no bad stuff, and it wasnt cheap, so that have to be expected. Copper itself isnt completly immune to rust, unless it got a coating. Although it makes it hard to detect if its true what they say. ;)

copper tubes coated in nickel enhances tube hardness and rust-proof protection are filled with distilled water, effectively channels heat away
http://global.shuttle.com/unique/page?pageName=cooling

Still cant find a better picture and i kinda cant take photo myself yet. Surely i can admit that it is the probably most expensive SFF ever build. The chipset got heatpipe, the CPU and the GPU aswell, there is so many pipe inside that most others SFF just cant compare but it is needed since that SFF is a beast and it need excessive cooling. Such build quality is usualy only known on huge systems or macs.

Last edited:
Back