• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Dual cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HenryParry

Registered
Hey all. I've started building my rig and I've bought a 5570 1GB DDR3 graphics card, I'm now starting to think it might be worth sending it back and upgrading.

My question;
If I were to buy another 5570, would this run decent? (I.e. 2x5570)
If I was to send the 5570 I've already bought, would I be able to get a card which performs better than 2x 5570s for £110?
If so - Could you suggest models? Primarily I'll be playing old Playstation 1 emulators, Gamecube emulators and a few Guitar hero games however I'm starting to develop an interest in a few games. (Just Cause 2, Oblivion and some others).

Another question about 'Onboard graphics'.

Will my PC work without a graphics card? Is that what on-board graphics is? I'm curious as to whether I'll be able to use my PC during the period that I sent the card back if I do.

Also - Suggestions for 'Gamepads' is more than welcome. I'm considering just using an Xbox controller, though.

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H Motherboard.
Can I run a PC without a graphics card whilst I send it back?

Your motherboard has HD4250 onboard graphics, so you can use that while waiting.

As for a Gamepad... Can't go wrong with the xbox controller... that's what i use for games like Just Cause 2 and dead space...

Back