• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Potence

Registered
I have overclocked my new Phenom II X4 925 from 2.8Ghz to 3.5Ghz.
I am using a CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler.
Have I taken it too far?
Does anyone have experience with overclocking my CPU, how much further could it go?
So Far 1Hr in Prime95 at 46 Degrees
-Pot

Last edited:
Keep cranking it! When you hit a load core temp of 55°C or your vCore is 1.475 (1.45 if you're the cautious type) then it's time to stop.

We had one of our guys get a 920 up to 3.8 GHz I believe - there's plenty of oomph in some of those low-range chips. :)

Keep cranking it! When you hit a load core temp of 55°C or your vCore is 1.475 (1.45 if you're the cautious type) then it's time to stop.)

My motherboard doesn't allow me to change my vCore, so I'm stuck at 1.40
I'm not sure if it is just me being an idiot though...

Nope, it says in my manual I should have an option called CPU VTT but I can't find it, it's just not there... I even flashed my BIOS and still nothing.

Well, that's not very nice of nVidia :( but I don't keep up with the newer nVidia chipsets too much.

Which of those vCore options are you currently running to get 46 with Prime95?

Without a voltage bump I think that is going to be as far as you are going to go on that board. I am still impressed you made it that far and stable

I've had another good look around using google and found I'm not the only one who can't change vCore...
I don't think there is a solution but I will call ASUS tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do about it...

Back