• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noiseblocker Multiframe Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaliKush

Anyone have any personal experience with these?

Noiseblocker Fan

I was considering them for my in-progress build. My dilemma is that I plan to paint the impeller/fan blades red, but not sure if I could do it with having to take it apart as I'm afraid of ruining it, compared to say Gelid's Gamer fans whose impellers are meant to be removed for "cleaning". Any help would be greatly appreciated,thx.

why not just put some red cathodes behind them? only certain bearing type fans come appart i dont recall what ones either :\

Noiseblocker Fan

I was considering them for my in-progress build. My dilemma is that I plan to paint the impeller/fan blades red, but not sure if I could do it with having to take it apart as I'm afraid of ruining it, compared to say Gelid's Gamer fans whose impellers are meant to be removed for "cleaning". Any help would be greatly appreciated,thx.

Painter's tape, very very very carefully to avoid any penetration into the actual motor assembly, and really good quality plastic specific spray paint. In very very light coats. Be careful not to over apply. If you significantly change the weight of the actual fan head and blades you're putting it out of spec and can increase noise/wear/etc.

Noiseblocker Fan

I have a total of 23 of these ones
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...5mm_Ultra_Silent_Fan_-_1800_RPM_-_27_dBA.html

and love them some of the best fans I have ever owned

I'd stay as far away from painting the blades as I could... I could see myself giving it another thought if some really experienced and highly professional would be doing the job using the highest quality paint....

As it has been already said, you'll most likely mess up the dimensions/weight/other specs of the fan which most likely will lead to less air pushed, more noise and shorter life. Why bother getting nice, silent and expensive fans just to mess them up?

Either get some fans with red blades to begin with, or get some/make some red fan grills, or some LED fans... I can't recall which manufacturer, but someone had decent quality fans (cfm/db) that were made from dark acrylic and LEDs.

Back