• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure if I'm in the right forum but....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I've installed Windows 7 64 bit. Works great but I've been using divx converter for a long time to convert my videos to be useful on a dvd player that supports divx. Divx version 7 wouldn't work so I paid for 8. It won't work either. I've tried for over a week to get support from them and did EVERYTHING they said to do to no avail. When I suggested their software may have issues with 64 bit, the abruptly stopped talking to me. I complained again and they said they're refunding my money go away. Yes I'm serious. Has anyone else here had this issue? Has anybody found a program to convert files to divx that will run on divx branded players? I've found all kinds of freeware stuff that claim to convert to divx but when I try to play them on my dvd it says file not supported. I'm guessing divx makes the manufactturer include some sort of check to see if divx software was used or not. Without this I can only use dvd and they can't hold but a few shows at a time.:mad:

I've installed Windows 7 64 bit. Works great but I've been using divx converter for a long time to convert my videos to be useful on a dvd player that supports divx. Divx version 7 wouldn't work so I paid for 8. It won't work either. I've tried for over a week to get support from them and did EVERYTHING they said to do to no avail. When I suggested their software may have issues with 64 bit, the abruptly stopped talking to me. I complained again and they said they're refunding my money go away. Yes I'm serious. Has anyone else here had this issue? Has anybody found a program to convert files to divx that will run on divx branded players? I've found all kinds of freeware stuff that claim to convert to divx but when I try to play them on my dvd it says file not supported. I'm guessing divx makes the manufactturer include some sort of check to see if divx software was used or not. Without this I can only use dvd and they can't hold but a few shows at a time.:mad:

why not just make a video cd it would work just as good and will work on pretty much every dvd player on the market

Exactly what model DVD player is this?
Personally, unless you absolutely feel the need to play it on a DVD player, you're better off with a media player like WDTV Live, Patriot Box Office, Asus OPlay, or the like.

Exactly what model DVD player is this?
Personally, unless you absolutely feel the need to play it on a DVD player, you're better off with a media player like WDTV Live, Patriot Box Office, Asus OPlay, or the like.

My wife and I travel. I'm not certain what the items you listed are but I'm guessing they're some sort of livingroom setup type gadgets. Using my dvd player is very easy and it's a portable player with a 7 inch screen. Very easy to travel with. As for video cd I have no idea on how to make one but I'm guessing it will be the same as dvd's and fit maybe 3 or 4 epeisodes of a 60 program on 1 dvd and that's it. I would have to travel with a lot of dvd's. Not very practical.

I've tried several times to get divx to run on the dvd. Still no go. I'm thinking that maybe it has to be exact. Frame rate, bit rate video size everything must be right to get it to work. So many variables I'm afraid I could try from now till doomsday and get nowhere. I'm going to try to encode to divx to get the file size I want and then convert to dvd. I'm thinking if it works I should get plenty of shows on a dvd. Each file being only ~200MB and 4.7GB capacity of dvd. Still open to suggestions though. I'd rather use my divx.

Try using Version 6. I think version 7 and up have some sort of new feature that makes the video not work on older divx players.

Try using Version 6. I think version 7 and up have some sort of new feature that makes the video not work on older divx players.

DIVX 6.8 works! All of the files I'm trying to encode, have already been encoded at one time or another by divx 7 and all played on the player.
Yet divx 7 won't work now that I've gone 64 bit. Why an older version works is beyond me. You would think that 64 bit would be a problem for older software not new.
ratbuddy the player you've suggested is intriguing. I just might do that. I can use a SD card and/or a HDD. Cool

When I suggested their software may have issues with 64 bit, the abruptly stopped talking to me. I complained again and they said they're refunding my money go away. Yes I'm serious.

They seem to think it's 2006. :screwy:

Back