• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system just got done stressing problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well I unlocked my new cpu phenom 2 x2 560 into a quad did a fresh install of xp pro. Anyway ran prime 95 torture test for about 4 hours everything was fine it passed temps stayed under 52C.

Well on websites i keep getting images with pink dotted lines through them.

test-1.jpg
test3.jpg
u can see it on the screen shot. Now if i minimize the page and bring it back up sometimes it's gone, sometimes i have more of the images with the pink slash,dotted lines going across it.

I thinking my video card? I've had some issues with this card already and the one night it shot up temp wise started having issues found huge chunk of dust under the heatsink. Got temps back down. But im wondering if its the card?

I have a 220gt sitting here i got back from rma from ecs. I guess i could pop that in and see what the deal is lol. Probably should have waited to post.
But eh maybe some suggestions would be good :p

I just installed nvidia drivers, but maybe i should give them another install again. Is there anything i can use to mabye clean the drivers out. I always hear driver cleaner but thats 9.99 just wondering if there is a free alternative.

Last edited:
Ok i put in my 220gt uninstalled nvidia drivers and redownloaded them and reinstalled.

Still same problem as before. So what else should i check?

UPDATE : As werid as this might sound. I think it's only happening in firefox lol. I happen to notice only when i have a webpage up i get the lines. So I pulled up IE and nothing I've went to like 50 pages and not a single problem SO FAR.

Werid.

Last edited:
try reinstalling firefox, or trying out a different browser then, if the artifacts are still happening in other browsers its most likely your gpu since there aren't many cases of artifacting due to cpu overclocking.

It was firefox lol. I reinstalled it and it's fine now. Werid I've never had a bad browser install that makes pictures and graphics do that.

Everythings been fine since i posted that last message lol.

Firefox I guess wanted to eat my card!

Back