• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Globalwin WBK38 and FOP38 really that loud?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pkipper

Registered
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a WBK38 or FOP38, although they cool the CPU really well, but then I also heard that they generate quite a bit of noise from the fan. Some even said it sounds similar to a blowdryer. If you have had one or heard one, do they really make that much noise?

Many thanks.

pkipper said:
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a WBK38 or FOP38, although they cool the CPU really well, but then I also heard that they generate quite a bit of noise from the fan. Some even said it sounds similar to a blowdryer. If you have had one or heard one, do they really make that much noise?

Many thanks.

yea there pretty loud, but they wont cool anything over 1.2ghz well. my fop38 bearly cooled my amd 1.2ghz.. so u may wanna look into a sk-6, or maybe an alpha 8045..

It's not that the WBK and FOP are loud, it's the DELTA..... (dirty word)....

Lots of heatsinks have the delta and they are all loud.

If you want a good heatsink, Glaciator 1's are 17.50 from millenium thermal solutions (www.millenium-thermal.com) right now. You'd probably pay about the same for an FOP or WBK.

yes they are loud

its a fan that you dont want running in a office

I could hear my delta 38 on the other side of the house it was so loud

I also have a fop38 and it kept my 1.2 at about 35c idle 42c load
and was overclocked to 1.4 at 1.81 volts

but I agree with SickBoy there are better heatsinks out now that can handle more heat, for the same amount of money as a fop38

personally I don't think a 38 is so loud, I can live with it.

the problem is the whining noise it makes! The fan blades are built so that no matter what the RPM is it gives off this high-pitched drone. Even running mine at 5V, you can still hear the whine.

I got used to it pretty fast, but a lot of people just can't stand the noise.

Also- when I turn my 120mm fans to full speed, I can't hear the 38 at all. There are ways around it:)

Back