• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a UML modeling tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraven

We're now to the point in my programming class where we're doing UML modeling. In the last class that I took, we just used the UML plugin for Netbeans and that worked fine. We're not using Netbeans in this class and instead are using jGrasp.

I'm trying to find a good modeling tool that can output the model to look like this: UML model. I have access to a variety of tools so just recommend what you use and why.

I have used IBM Rational Rose Enterprise Edition for years. Best out there.

I use visio for all of my charts personally. It has several tool sets for different standards. most of them are based on UML and of course it has a UML set already built in.

I have used IBM Rational Rose Enterprise Edition for years. Best out there.

I'd check this out but I can't seem to find the download link on IBM's site. Either I'm blind or it's cleverly hidden.

I use visio for all of my charts personally. It has several tool sets for different standards. most of them are based on UML and of course it has a UML set already built in.

I checked out Visio 2007 Pro and there's nothing in there that's Java specific and what I was able to come up with didn't turn out looking like the example I posted. My teacher can be picky about certain things.

I'm thinking that I'll just code in jGrasp, copy and paste it into Netbeans and reverse engineer it to make a UML and then hand write it out. What's that other compiler? Elipse? Eclipse? How well does that work for UML's?

I have used many tools to draw UML diagrams but I was not satisfied with those tools. Presently I use Visio 2010 which is one of the best diagramming software available and is according to my expectations. It has many great features like sharing real time data, simplify the complexity, create diagrams easily and many more.

eclipse helios with green uml... ull get output like this - and again, this is free and VERY feature rich.

Attachments

• d.png
    d.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 133
Back