• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7 problems since I built it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

justcallmefred

I built this last Oct. .First time I had ever built a pc. Went together easy, using the Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7 mobo, started with one Ati HD 5770 ( ended with 2 in xfire, but had problems with screen going weird and bought a 6950, I tried to swap the bios to a 6970 and it ran too hot!). 8 gigs OCZ 1333MHZ .1 WD black main ( now running 2 raid 0 ) and second 1 tb WD green backup.
Will not run stable, OC'd or not. Right now it's at 3.9 .....but won't let me in...says the boot record is corrupt. All I did was put one of my 5770's back in while I RMA'd the 6950.As soon as I deleted the driver for the 6950 and rebooted it says the boot record or boot manager corrupted ( it done that one other time before too and had to re install windows).
Previous BSOD said something about Page area not found in page fault area...something very close to that.I believe one BSOD error was a driver error...but they are all fresh drivers! I do use a Bigfoot Network card too, Sounblaster card..

Last edited:
What you described sounds a whole lot like a corrupt install. Other than that, page file problems are hard drive or ram related.

Was on the phone with Ati for half hour and they said it's very peculiar that it happened more than once...a pattern.Since I'm able to run the 5770 card in another machine, stands to reason it's probably not the card...same OS....same disk even.I had a pro O.C. the pc, he did notice the ram was in the wrong slots and not timed right, so that was corrected.Running Raid 0 , but still won't find windows nor a backup.
I checked on TigerDirect where I bought the board and it's not even on the site at all.....when I did a search it said item not found, Newegg just says Item out of stock. I called Gigabyte today also.I gave them the error code that I get...he re directed me to Microsoft's website.The solution was that I had lost my raid drivers. ( Why Gigabyte tech directed me to Microsoft website and not just tell me I dunno). I tried to download the driver and put on a usb drive...there were 2 different one's...none would work. They appeared to install, but windows still wouldn't take them.

Last edited:
Back