• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I could use some help with bios.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csilva61192

I just bought a new amd phenom II 6 core black edition processor and i installed it and its only reading one core at 800mhz and it says amd model unknown. Can anyone help me out? My motherboard is m4a785td-m evo

Try resetting the BIOS to default values..

If that does not work, check to see if the motherboard supports that CPU.. and if it does compare it to the version of BIOS you have now, upgrade if needed.

my motherboard is a asus and im having a hard time trying to upgrade the bios. Could you give me a link?

If its not on the list, then I dont believe that board supports it yet with its current list of available bios...

is there anyway i can get it to work then? i just spent money on it thinking it would.

im sorry it is a 1090t but how do i sintall it i clicked on 1090t and it saves it as a rom?

Yes. Flash the bios like I stated. As far as installing your new bios, again, I dont know how as AMD is not my bag... the instructions are in your manual. If you do not have your manual, you can download it from that link Im sure. Sorry I am not of more help.

Back