• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte ud4 + 2500k :'(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
thought it was the processor till i did more research theres alot of people that cant get past 4.5 ghz with this mobo guess im not the only one guess il have to "tough it out" with "only" 4.4ghz of computing maacheen :)

Last edited:
Yeah that doesn't seem like a dud to me. Why don't you see what multi it will run with ~1.35v (load) before labeling it as a weak clocker.

yea i can have the voltage all the way up to 1.3-1.45 and it wont even post @ 4.5 ghz 45x multi 1.12vtt sav-1.135v nor with 102.3 fsb and 44x multi tried swapping out my ram, no help flashed bios no help wont let me update to the newest bios idk why i know its not a temp problem cuz 4.4 is running ~56-60c under load on lowest fan settings 750 rpm... guess atleast i didnt get one that was doa would been nice to brag about the 5ghz club :( anyone know if higher freq ram would help?

Last edited:
Take down Fsb Back to 100 up voltage to 1.35 then change the multi to x45

also try out the modded drivers @ hwbot i think theres one for the UD4

Take down Fsb Back to 100 up voltage to 1.35 then change the multi to x45

also try out the modded drivers @ hwbot i think theres one for the UD4

i tried the fsb back at 100 and x45 first before i resorted to upping the fsb il give the hwbot driver a try i suppose EDIT: i just looked at their site and it is a fix for my cpu ext model :) ima give it a try il be back wit hthe results in a bit

Even for SB, those temps are definitely not bad, especially since you are using the lowest fan setting.

its not the temps i have an issue with its not being able to get past 4.4ghz no matter the config

well i have done some reading... and i shot myself in the foot with this board i see other people cant get past 4.4 with it some have gotten 4.8 with other tweaks that i cant seem to figure out but even with modded bios more then enough voltage and lots of tweaking it wont even post at 4.5

Im running a ud3 which is the same board minus some features. Play with it. Im currently at 1.4v set in bios (vDrop to 1.368v) with 1.18v VTT, manually set my ram, 100x47. Sometimes the easy settings are the ones that dont work.

Try multiple multipliers as well. My board doesnt really care for the 45x multi much. Loves the 46x, but I got it stable at 47x.

I think I'm just gonna try to sell my board and get a ud7 seeing as how no one is selling them right now cuz the recall I shouldn't have a problem getting rid of it

Back