• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good airflow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
-bumped-

This may be a little overkill, but take a look anyway...

It will be in an Addtronics 7896a, so the dimensions are a bit small (the picture is a little short, but oh well)...

I will have a Swiftech 462U WB on whatever CPU I will get (this will be in a few months) w/ 3/8"tubing on an inline Eheim 1048 or 1250 (See this ) I'm gonna do my best to more or less copy that system, b/c it's SWEET!

I was thinking of getting the case pre-modded from coolcases.com, but 1) its cheaper this way and 2) I want to feel like I have done something to my computer except just watercooling.

I'm gonna buy a dremel and make cross cuts to cut out the circles for my fan (Picture making a 120mm x 120mm cross, connecting each end and then progressively getting closer to the circular form. Then sand.) I'm gonna do this, because I don't trust myself yet to just go straight out and cut a circle w/ the dremel. Personally, I think this is a good idea, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be. I'll just have to see.

Other than that, I'm obviously gonna get rounded cables (colored for each drive, so I can tell what I'm pulling out [and it looks cool]).

I don't know what drive is gonna go where, but I'm getting this:
DigitalDoc (to control fans/check temps)
DVD-ROM (Creative 12x w/ decoder card or 16x slot-loader?)
CD-RW (already have this...12x10x32x)
Live Drive (for Audigy Platinum)
HDD Cooler (5.25" Bay w/ 2 fans that can fit HDD in it)
And maybe I'll steal the Zip drive from the computer I have now (who knows when you'll need it? Me? Probably never, but it looks good)

Should I get rheostats for the Rotrons? I mean they're gonna be loud (exactly how, I do not know yet ), but I want them running @ an efficient speed. I'm gonna hook up my other fans to the DigitalDoc, so that'll be fine too.

Now that I have convinced y'all that I am 100% nuts w/ all this stuff, I think that's it. My system (<$2300) will more than likely be:

Addtronics 7896a w/ Enermax 450W PSU
AMD Athlon XP 2000
ABit KG7 Mobo
1GB PC2700 DDR-RAM (2x512)
80.0gb 7200rpm Western Digital (or whatever) HDD
Creative 12x DVD-ROM (w/ card) or 16x slot-loader
Gainward GeForce3 Ti500 (Ti550...whatever)
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
Cornerstone 19" Monitor (my mother insists I get an LCD...any suggestions?):D
Swiftech MCW-462U WB
D-Tek Customs Cooler Core Radiator/Shroud Combo
Eheim 1048 or 1250 (suggestions?)
3/8" Hoses (anyone know where I could get colored/cool ones?)

-Frickin Crazy Peter (at least that's what my friends tell me)

Last edited:
I think that you have definately put a lot of thought into that. More than most, I think.

With that much juice, I think your airflow will be good. The only say to know for sure is to try it out and test it...then report back.

Everything is sweet except that LCD.

Nuts? I thought that was a requirement to be here.

well the thing w/ the lcd is that this computer is for college, and im not gonna have the deskspace there like i have here (w/ my mammoth 19"), so if she wants to pay $200-300 extra, it's her call...

considering i have been "building" a new system since sometime last year (the old "if i were to build a computer right now, it would be..." deal), i have put alot of thought into the parts, where things will go, etc etc...just decided not to go w/ aluminum b/c its not that big a difference, only weight and i do not see me luggin this thing everywhere...

just as long as i can make my watercooling system half as beautiful as that lian li pc-70 in the other link, i'll be really happy...

-peter

Back