• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090t & ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 freeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

konchus

Registered
i thought all was well in amd land but it seems not...

had the problem of freezing a few days ago thought i was in the clear and now this crap...anywhere in between 12-? hours the pc will freeze...everything in bios is default with all overclocking and throttling settings off/disabled...

its frozen while using firefox but more frequently while gaming(game: darksiders...the game came with the 1090t pretty frickin cool too!) i use the onboard video and was thinking maybe i should specify an amount of ram for it to use in the bios instead of leaving it on auto...gpu boost is also disabled

heres a pic with some of whats going on...any suggestions?

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,438
Go to my Asus Beta BIOS link (in sig) and update your BIOS to the latest. Hope this helps the freezing issues.

Go to my Asus Beta BIOS link (in sig) and update your BIOS to the latest. Hope this helps the freezing issues.
i have the latest bios...1703 :(

Sounds like a driver issue

which driver? i have the latest for everything...only thing i can think of is my firewire card that i had to use legacy drivers for but its working perfectly

Nothing is working perfectly if the whole system locks up :) Look in your performance logs there will be somewhere in windows that tells ya what happens at or before lock up

Nothing is working perfectly if the whole system locks up :) Look in your performance logs there will be somewhere in windows that tells ya what happens at or before lock up

how do i find it? any specific file name? im on win 7

Start > Run > "eventvwr"

Go through Application and System logs. Find out what happens right before your system crashes.

Or right click on your main hard drive and select manage and go to event viewer .

ok got it... kernel power seems to be the culprit but it has no real info as to what it is...could it be the cpu? this is the message:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Attachments

• evnt vwr.jpg
    evnt vwr.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,328
an hour and 15 google tabs later...lol...hopefully this will fix it after combining the info from diehrd and encore...lookin at catalyst control center and noticed im using vintage 10.11 drivers...smh...after this update hopefully she'll make the 7 day mark!

im hoping i dont have to go as far as minidumps and all that stuff so keep ur fingers crossed 4 me!

it actually crashed during install but installed fine on reboot...myabe it was the bad driver reacting from being deactivated/uninstalled? gonna watch a few hd vids all at once and open about 60 tabs while editing audio(the usual thats happening when it crashes lol that or gaming)...ill keep yall posted

has anyone figured out the answer to this problem, I have the same issues, but more specifically I found my system freezes when I am streaming video, like cbs or netflix.
here are my specs
Windows 7 Pro x64
M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
AMD Phenom II 1090t Black Edition
Radeon HD 5770 1GB PCI-E 2.0
Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) (of course 2 of these totaling 8GB)
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified PSU

I have set everything to default settings and then fixed the RAM Voltage and Speed to what the motherboard said is the most stable... 1.65v and 1600Mhz (I have tried all other speeds and voltages from 1.33v to 1.67v.) And yes I have even tried using the on board GPU (which is what I thought might have been the problem before I bought the new graphics card)
I have the Event 41 code and have followed all of the TechNet support for the issue with no luck. Any clues?!? please help so if there is a bad board or something I can send it back before the RMA through Newegg runs out.

Have you tried manually setting the timings, speed, and voltage for the JEDEC 667 MHz spec? And you might need to add 0.05v to it because of the extra sticks.

Other than that, did you check the MS link above for the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package?

Have you tried manually setting the timings, speed, and voltage for the JEDEC 667 MHz spec? And you might need to add 0.05v to it because of the extra sticks.

Other than that, did you check the MS link above for the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package?

First, I appreciate the help, as for the JEDEC 667 MHz spec I honestly have no clue how to do that, or what they are set at. It has been almost 5 years since I have built a new computer, so still getting used to the new features and tech.
I will try the voltage addition in a few minutes and see how that helps, although since the specs for the motherboard say it is supposed to be at 9-9-9-24 and 1.65v I am seeing that you think it may help to be at 1.7v for 4x2gb dimms.

As for the C++ 05 Redis pkg I thought I already had it, but just to make sure I will go and download and see what happens. Thanks for your help and quick response. I actually will let you know what has happened.

If I looked up the correct RAM there is a JEDEC spec (which you can find on CPU-Z's SPD tab) for 667 MHz (DDR3-1333) at 9-9-9-24 @ 1.50v, which I would raise to 1.55v. (That also means lowering the RAM speed as I indicated above.) Anytime you have RAM running over 667 MHz it's overclocked - just like DDR RAM was overclocked when above 200 MHz (DDR-400). I don't know if it will solve the problem or not but I think it's a bad idea to have anything overclocked when you're trying to solve a problem.

What is the problem again? I have had this board for a year now, and no problems (unless you count random Cold bugs when under LN2).

If I looked up the correct RAM there is a JEDEC spec (which you can find on CPU-Z's SPD tab) for 667 MHz (DDR3-1333) at 9-9-9-24 @ 1.50v, which I would raise to 1.55v. (That also means lowering the RAM speed as I indicated above.) Anytime you have RAM running over 667 MHz it's overclocked - just like DDR RAM was overclocked when above 200 MHz (DDR-400). I don't know if it will solve the problem or not but I think it's a bad idea to have anything overclocked when you're trying to solve a problem.

Thanks for the info. I originally had it set at base specs (what the MB set up for me anyways...) which was DDR3-1333 at those settings, minus the 1.55v it was set at 1.5v, and the system did the same thing to me. What I am unsure of is that the QVL said I should use the same model# RAM but with the XMP as the end instead of the XMS, but I couldn't even find any ram with that being sold anymore.

On another note of my A.D.D. mind, When I get home from work tonight I will try it again.
For now I have MEMTEST86+ running, and when I left I think it might almost be done. I am unsure of how many tests it runs on each chip, but it has already found 181 errors. and it was on Test 8 or 9

What is the problem again? I have had this board for a year now, and no problems (unless you count random Cold bugs when under LN2).

Thanks for the help too! Since the day I built this system and had it up an running, whether under Vista Ultimate 32 or 64, or Win 7 Pro 32 or 64, I have had an issue with Hard freezing while watching streaming videos of any kind. It may be more than just that, but I play Vindictus (MMORPG) and have played it for an hour and had no issues, but I can watch CBS, Hulu, Netflix, and other streaming websites, some using Flash, DivX, Silverlight, etc., but it will hard freeze somewhere with in the first hour of streaming media (Varies wildly for timing.)

Back