• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battery Design Capacity Wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I just bought an HP 6910p from Ebay. This computer is supposed to have (and i have checked the battery label and confirmed this) a 55Whr battery. For some reason, the design (and current) capacity report under Ubuntu is showing 12.5Whr... hardly close to what it should be. The battery is probably about 1.5 years old, so i know it's not old age... it's just simply reporting the wrong capacity. I've tried running it completely dead, and it ran at 0% for about an hour or so at full load, after running for a half hour before hitting 0%. The battery charges fine, and it works fine... it's just confusing Windows by saying it's at 0% charge when it's not even half dead.

Is there anyway i can make the battery's controller report the design capacity of 55Whr? Or am i doomed and in need of a new battery? (this computer has a runtime of about 2000 hours on it, so it hasn't been used much at all)

Back