• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolant cleanup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

What is the best thing to use to cleanup a coolant spill. My NB block leaked a bit and it ran into the first 2 ram slots. I have got the liquid but there seems to still be a film left. Any suggestions?

Suggestion: don't run colored coolant.

Use alcohol to clean it (isopropyl, not the drinking kind). You should wipe down any area that could have possibly been affected with it, then leave the board out for at least a day or 2 to make sure it's completely dry.

Thanks, I thought that alchohol would be the thing but wanted to ask first.

Actually, you can use high proof ethanol (Everclear), but it is a waste of good alcohol.:rofl:

I have done it before when I was in a bind for alcohol.

Actually, you can use high proof ethanol (Everclear), but it is a waste of good alcohol.:rofl:

I have done it before when I was in a bind for alcohol.

not only is it a waste of alcohol, but its way freaking cheaper to get isopropanol too.

Alcohol did the trick. Back up and all is well. Thanks guys :beer:

Ah man, I'm a straight shot down 75 from you...love the mountains in north georgia, beautiful area up there!

Back