• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Prolimatech Samuel 17 Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

This time up, I am taking a look at a compact form factor heatsink offering from Prolimatech, the Samuel 17. Instead of the usual tall, tower-style heatsink, this one is laid out in a very compact format and is designed for short/small applications, such as micro-ATX and mini-ITX sized systems that lack the space for large cooling solutions. This heatsink is also designed to give better performance in those situations than the retail Intel heatsink. While I don't own a compact system, I can still test the performance of this offering on my test rig and give some pictures and dimensions of the ... ... Return to article to continue reading.

I'm really enjoying each and every cooler review Mudd writes :)

Thanks guys. I am enjoying the testing and the writeup too.

As for the next review to be done, I have a new case to test, which will probably become my new case for testing heatsinks. And I have another bang/buck tower style heatsink I see recommended on the forums all the time. I want to see what I think of it compared to a True Spirit.

Another great review :thup:

I have a Samuel 17 too, and I had a i5 680 at 5GHz with only one of those 2000RPM Scythe 120x12mm fans. It was just for quick testing before Forum Wars though :)

I really like how it hangs over the RAM slots, so the 120mm fan will cool them as well.

Yeah, you can orient it a few ways on Intel setups. I oriented it to overhang the top sinks on the power fets on my P6T. On the AMD board, there was only 1 way I could orient it without hitting board components, but it fit on the board with no problems.

I had a Thermalright SI-120 and this heatsink is very much shorter. It's about the lowest profile heatsink that I've seen in a long time.

Back