• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Are the OC Capabilities of This Rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

conjuror

Hey guys,

I have a computer on order and was wondering what you guys thought of this rig and the OC capabilities it provides.

Setup:
Azza Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case
Asus Rampage III Extreme
Corsair 950 Watts CMPSU-950TX 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLi Ready
Intel Core i7-950 3.06Ghz
CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM w/ Dual Fans
Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600Mhz
EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB 16x PCIe Superclocked

Thanks

Really? I've heard of people going to 4.6 and even 5.2 on a i7-950. My liquid cooling wouldn't be able to handle that?

It was just an approximation. For all I know, or anyone knows for that matter, your chip may hit 5.0GHz or higher.

Thanks, what would I need to change if I wanted to try and push it to 4.6 - 5.0 24/7?

Thanks, what would I need to change if I wanted to try and push it to 4.6 - 5.0 24/7?

Phase Change cooling. :)

Pushing to 4.6-5GHz on 45nm i7 is 1 thing. Having it be your 24/7 stable setting is another.

If you want more speed get a 2500K or 2600k Sandy Bridge CPU.

Phase Change cooling. :)

Pushing to 4.6-5GHz on 45nm i7 is 1 thing. Having it be your 24/7 stable setting is another.

If you want more speed get a 2500K or 2600k Sandy Bridge CPU.

+1.. Depending on what you would be paying for that, you might get much closer to 5ghz on a SandyBridge and be much more efficient....And be close to the same price.

+2 For Sandy. 'Sandy Bridge' sounds like she could be some hottie out of the adult film industry, no? ohhhh treat me good Sandy!

32nm is fast, wait until 22nm :)

I don't have much faith in that watercooling setup. I'm sure it's just for the CPU. You'll get some nice overclocks on the CPU.

The WC setup is make of good entry level watercooling parts from different manufacturers. XSPC for the block and pump setup. I think the rad is a XSPC rad. Overall not bad.

But a 120x2 rad is way not enough for a hot CPU and GPU.

Back