• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting packaging change on my RMA'd mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

someinterwebguy

Got it in the post about 2 weeks or so ago. It literally took them less than a week to process the RMA and have a new one on my doorstep.

Noticed it right off the bat...

rmaboardsmall.png

Got it in the post about 2 weeks or so ago. It literally took them less than a week to process the RMA and have a new one on my doorstep.

Noticed it right off the bat...

rmaboardsmall.png

Not unusual, vendors packaging is dynamic and as long as it's the same product, you're fine.

I'm guessing the 6 core CPU is the newer package. It simply would suggest to me it now ships with a BIOS upgrade to support newer CPU's.

I guess I should have been more blunt. The box on the left is the original box of the board that blew 2 weeks after I got it. The box on the right, without the 6core sticker, is what came in the mail. I'm thinking a lot of these incidents happened and they absolved themselves from 6-core support.

Back