• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Clarkdale/Sandybridge fps issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

candyman2k

Hi

Am currently picking components for my new HTPC and had an i5 Sandybridge on the list which I was also going to use as the GPU, that was until I read this article:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/...-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/7

Anyone running a HTPC with an i3/i5/i7 and also using the on-board GPU? If so, does anyone notice any stuttering? Anyone applied the SW fix mentioned at the end and noticed an improvement?

Thanks

My suggestion would be getting any cheap graphics card you can find you obviously don't do any gaming so a gt430 or gt210/220 would do the trick for 50-100 bucks, on board graphics can struggle on current OS

My suggestion would be getting any cheap graphics card you can find you obviously don't do any gaming so a gt430 or gt210/220 would do the trick for 50-100 bucks, on board graphics can struggle on current OS

He doesn't have the hardware yet, he's wondering if others have problems. Anyways those older gen gt cards are a bad idea. If you're gonna get a dedicated GPU get a newer low-end model like a HD 5450 or nVidia's equivalent. The older cards are missing a lot of features nice for HTPC's, like sending audio over HDMI.

I don't have a clarksdale setup, but I output 60hz to my TV. Movies look fine to me. My TV doesn't support 24p supposedly, you should check if yours does.

Back