• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free USPS boxes mailed to you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i know if i go to the local post office here i can just get as many as i want :)

Its funny that my dad noticed me bringing free boxes home one day and asked where I got them, so I told him at the post office. So he goes and asks the workers and they look at him like a crazy person and tell him there's no such thing. He comes home irritated and tells me that I must of bought them because there are no free boxes. Well I take him back and we stand next to the display of free boxes and I ask the worker where the free boxes are, and again they say we don't have any. I pick one up from the display and ask
"are these free?" and they respond yes.

Weird. Can't open the link in Firefox 4 Beta 11. Asks me where I want to save "stepone.aspx". When trying to go there in Chrome is says SSL Invalid. IE9 RC won't even load the page! WEIRD!

Never had it not open this before, but I've ordered tons of them before. Love these free boxes.

not sure if this link will work but i ordered a variety pack from usps to just check out what all they offered box size wise. you can also order more of a specific size on their site as well. it's nice to not have to worry about boxes :)

not sure if this link will work but i ordered a variety pack from usps to just check out what all they offered box size wise. you can also order more of a specific size on their site as well. it's nice to not have to worry about boxes :)

Yep, best deal in the Internet. You can open a USPS account, it's painless, and order 'til your heart's content, any size you want in bundles of 10 and / or 25 free. You can print your label to your printer and pay for mailing labels on-line. Confirmation of Delivery is free with a paid on-line Priority Mail label. Boxes are good, thick quality and USPS delivers them to your address in your account free. They will charge your credit card number, been doing it this way for a few years.

If you sell much on Ebay or here, the Flat Rate boxes will cover any motherboard, vid card, smaller items with room to pack them safely.

Boxes are marked on both sides so you can't use them for anything else but Priority Mail. Beats UPS by a wide margin.

PS: Online payment gives you a receipt. I also take it to the post office to have them "Scan it in." Done.

Last edited:
YES Free boxes and they are flat rate so as long as it's not more than 70 lbs. it ships for one rate as long as the box is not deformed carrier so i dont know the rate off hand but i believe it's like $14.00. Really can' t beat the price.:thup:

<3 flat rate boxes.

Shipped 2039 of them in 2009 through PayPal :D 2010 summary won't work for my account but probably about the same.

If you order enough flat rate boxes your postal carrier will eventually just start bringing you a few packs every month or two :p

lol i do a few boxes every month. And get packages at least once a week sometimes more. the mail lady hates me...even made a joke she should charge me.

Support the USPS. I know they have been mismanaged and have gotten a bad name because of that, but Ive learned to really like what they do. I sold a bunch of old climbing gear through ebay, around 120 transactions in all, and I didn't have one single problem. And I couldn't even begin to calculate how much I saved over UPS, etc. But I do know that the one time I checked, the cost difference was around $15 on one single package. Ground vs 2-3 day priority...

The only thing I would really be suspect of is insurance and whether they actually cover anything.

hmm, had to look at the date, they have been doing this for years

save more money by turning them inside out, throwing in a blank cdr and shipping the item media mail:chair:

Its funny that my dad noticed me bringing free boxes home one day and asked where I got them, so I told him at the post office. So he goes and asks the workers and they look at him like a crazy person and tell him there's no such thing. He comes home irritated and tells me that I must of bought them because there are no free boxes. Well I take him back and we stand next to the display of free boxes and I ask the worker where the free boxes are, and again they say we don't have any. I pick one up from the display and ask
"are these free?" and they respond yes.
:rofl:

hmm, had to look at the date, they have been doing this for years

save more money by turning them inside out, throwing in a blank cdr and shipping the item media mail:chair:

You can't. They caught onto that several years ago. The inside of the box is printed.

Back