• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good router (Linksys Wireless N E2000)??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wickedout

Earlier today I picked up a new router from Cisco. I got the Linksys Wireless N E2000 with dual band. Any good tips I should know about this router?

As far as I can tell it works pretty good for what I need it for. Does anyone else on here use it and do you like it? I have for 14 days if I decide to return it. I'm gonna try to playing a little more with the features.

I looked at the NetGear but wanted to try something else. My last router was a NetGear. I wanted a change. Thanks!

Last edited:
From what I understand, the tomato firmware is a third-party firmware that provides the user with much more control and advanced options than the standard OEM firmware does. It will encourage you to learn more about your router (and networking in general) to provide your network with the best possible routing solution that your hardware can provide.

it's a learning curve, but it's worth it.

Another learning curve! I might have to look into downloading the tomato firmware down the road and start learning more once again.

Back