• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vet starting to get confused with what the markets doing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

I build a new system every year. I usually don't get the latest and greatest as I find hardware is way ahead of the software that I run. Another important point is that I skipped last year all together due to my rig running everything I could throw at it with settings that I was satisfied with. At times it can run even better than how I have it set up.

This year was gonna be the year. Sandy Bridge and I were gonna go out on a date and GET IT ON as the late Chris Farley would say. Then the SATA issue. Now Nothing can be found on the egg. No Chips, no MB's, no 1155, no P67 and no WTF is going on.

Now I am reading articles about Ivy Bridge. I mean, I think I could build a strong bridge out of Ivy, but its starting to seem like we wont get a chance to even build a sand castle before the Ivy grows over the beach. Which is fine, but come out and say something already.

Seems to be a whole lot of :blah: without any real info being passed. I guess ill just Raid0 some SSD's. I need to build. I have had the urge to build when sand was on NewEgg. I was getting ready to purchase when I heard about the Sata issue. That was a month ago. By the time Intel wakes up AMD will pull a fast one and be on top again....yes.....im that old.

We are past the point of giving group hugs and saying "everything will be alright" as long as we stick together :grouphug:. Those days are over. RESULTS PLEASE!!

Thank you. Sorry for wasting your time if you feel I did. I just had to write a post as I sit here witth the $$ poised to build my new rig.....yet theres nothing to buy. Personally, a SATA port going out after three years, Ill get over it. Its not like there isn't 7 or more other Sata ports to move to.

Sorry....needed the vent. But thank you for any ideas or w/e you wanna type.

They still have stuff up for sale on the fleabay ;) it's where I got mine and I just use the data 6gig ports

newegg has SB stuff back i believe.. chips at least.. boards should come along shortly I'm assuming

Rumor suggests that Ivy Bridge cpus (SOME) will run in 1155 high end motherboards.

I theorize that the 2011 socket (the enthusiast socket) will end up still costing much more than Sandy currently is, while they push out faster stuff at the current price point. Something like $1200 for a Sandy build with one video card is very reasonable right now. I'm thinking we'll see a premium for the 8 core offerings, and rightly so. Sandy (at least in my thoughts) will remain as the mid-end bang for your buck solution, while Ivy comes and acts like X58 is right now. High end, high dollar ;)

Back