• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting rumor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even with the 17 billion in funds that dell has available, I highly doubt that they would ever buy AMD. I could not find an actual value for AMD, but I am sure it is probably more than 10 billion. The purchase would create issues with intel and nvidia use in their computers. And a lot more people who buy "high end" desktops and laptops want or are going with intel and nvidia. So it would not be a good idea to go into direct competition with them. Just my thoughts though.
-Greg

The only company that should/would buy AMD is IBM. With both of them working they might be able to beat intel. (I.e. IBM getting back into the consumer market.)

We will see how Bulldozer does first. I am thinking Intel is kinda worried about AMD for the first time in many years. As AMD seems to have the integrated graphics thing down. And bulldozer looks promising to say the least. I remember microsoft saying that they want 16 core low power chips and AMD is working on it for them.

Back