• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google's new security system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

Ok it wants a mobile phone #, I don't have one. After I log in it wants me to set the new stuff up, I didn't think it was required!!!

Ok it wants a mobile phone #, I don't have one. After I log in it wants me to set the new stuff up, I didn't think it was required!!!

I know the new system sucks balls. It linked my wife's Google account with my Youtube account and now I can't get it switched back and figured out(therefore I can't log into my Youtube account)

Google sucks

Hello... google chrome's icon is an eye. They want to know what you're doing. Use the number to link you on your phone, if you have an android phone. Makes it easier for them to track you!

:chair::comp:

Hello... google chrome's icon is an eye. They want to know what you're doing. Use the number to link you on your phone, if you have an android phone. Makes it easier for them to track you!
:chair::comp:
The phone number is actually so the Americans can tie activity easily to a person.
If you google the right things and have go to the right websites with google integration(ads,search,api) you're labeled a terrorist... same thing if you buy the right books.
It's basically just to spy on what people do more easily.

The odd the is facebook is fine, I can log in with my gmail info. You know they will sell the # also.

This thread makes my head hurt.

Google has long had the option to provide a phone number if you want to in order to recover your account incase the password is lost.

If it isn't a mandatory field, this is not a new security feature.

Also, login integration does not share user data.

Back