• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 2400 or Crucial 2100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i wouldn't waste the money on pc2400. this crucial does 150fsb@2-2-2 no prob on the dragon+. at default voltage. i think it'll go higher, too

i dont have an EPoX, but look around in the bios for a section about ram, and set the cas latency, ras to cas delay, and some other things to the lowest #'s that they go.
warning:theres a good chance your mem wont be stable at those settings. i recommend getting memtest86(google search) and turn each setting down gradually till u find the best settings ur ram can handle.
neone got a link to a bios page and/or info on the mem settings on his board?

almost definetely not, but your system will start crapping out and youll get a lot of errors, or u might not even finish loading windows.
i have the new crucial that they are shipping now, and it'll do 150@2-2-2 no prob. i actually started a thread on this, but i cant find it now. id wait 4 someone to tell u how to do this specifically for your board, though, and a link to a bios explanation page.
p.s.: DDR at 133fsb@2-2-2 will almost always beat one at 150 3-3-3, or even 2.5-3-3
-Malakai

The crucial ram will do as high as 165 fsb . The Crucial I would say is better

Cisco KId

Back