• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proud Owner of 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penetrecion

I made the plunge this week and bought a 1090T. It arrived today... applied Arctic Silver and is currently sitting at 3.6 GHz stable in Prime blend test with no voltage increase. Although I see that the voltage increased to 1.3 on it's own. As reported by CPUID Hardware Monitor.

I can't wait to see what this chip will do!

BAH, 3.6 is just tickling it, I bet you run stable at 3.8 on multi alone in small FFT P95 for hours, my 955 will do it!

Do this, take a screen shot at idle, then run p95 for 60 minutes and take another shot while it i still running, include P95 window, CPUZ, and HWmonitor, and people will be able to give you some really good feedback... your on water correct?

But isn't there an offset needed when using core temp on the 1090's? Just like the old brisbanes and heka trikes?

Would I see gains with a custom loop over my xspc RS360 kit?

I don't see where applying that often quoted (and never by me!) "+12° offset" can result in anything close to an accurate temp. I do not believe that an X6 with a vCore of 1.30v would actually be 5° hotter than mine running at 1.46 vCore unless the ambients of the X6 were ~30°C instead of my ~20°C. I know some people have warm houses but 30°C is pretty warm for indoor temps in the winter.

I'm not familiar enough with the XSPC kits to say one way or another. If your total CFM is 200 or more and the pump and CPU block are of similar performance to other pumps and blocks then probably not. My WC parts are in my sig - you know what my load core temps and vCore are so you can compare them. :)

PS
My old s939 dual-cores, also 125W CPUs, ran/run about the same (at about the same vCore) though I admit the set-up was a little different, though only a little. I like heater cores, good fans, and Swiftech pumps. ;)

Last edited:
My 1090t appears to get unstable at 55c core temp, therefore I assume that's my limit. With a calibration error the only thing that can really prove you are at the instability point is instability. I'm happy to trust core temps, but at the same time @ 4.3ghz mine never breaks 29c at it's absolute warmest, so take this with a grain of salt.

My 1090t appears to get unstable at 55c core temp, therefore I assume that's my limit. With a calibration error the only thing that can really prove you are at the instability point is instability. I'm happy to trust core temps, but at the same time @ 4.3ghz mine never breaks 29c at it's absolute warmest, so take this with a grain of salt.
Don't forget to include your ambient temp when you post your load core temp - and maybe a brief description of your WC set-up. I suspect few people have their rig running in a 10°C (or colder) workshop and/or have a cooling loop like yours. ;)

Okay, so after much research and head scratching with this chip and my motherboard I finally have it running 4.2 GHz on 1.49 volts. My Idle temps ate down to like 24 °C and in game it's going to 38 °C to 40 °C. I haven't yet primed it but I am happy with it's current performance for sure.

My head scratching was because of a strange quirk in my motherboard that caused only core #0 to overclock and run the others at 4x multi. Thus I was able to run at an extremely low voltage of 1.375 even at 4.4 GHz! CPU-Z even validated the overclock so aparently it only looks at core #0. Prime95 even ran fine at these settings and it wasn't until I came back to my PC to check on it did I notice that core #0 was finishing a ton of tests and the other cores weren't.

The quirk was if I set my CPU voltage to 1.375 or higher in the CPU section it would do that. If I kept the voltage below that and used the overvoltage sectio to increase the CPU I could get the same voltage combination to work and overclock all the cores. Luckily Biostar has two sections for voltage on the CPU.

Here's a screen of prime stable 2 and a half hours at 4.0 GHz on 1.46 volts...

Attachments

• 4 GHz stable 2.5 hours.jpg
    4 GHz stable 2.5 hours.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 253
1: Good OC
2: Whos the girl in the background ;)
3: What app is that quick launch at the top of your screen shot?

Nice OC! Glad you finally got it stable. The temps look real good. Looks like we play a lot of the same games.

Thank you and yes I am still pushing it though. I have it at 4.2 GHz but I can't prime stable it yet. BUT I can benchmark and game the hell out of it at 4.2!

I play a ton of racing games, fps, rpgs, LoTRO and occasionally WoW on a private server.

So I couldn't get 4.1 stable by using multi... I switched gears and started upping the FSB. Sitting at 206 x 20 now: 4.12 GHz. Over an hour on Prime95 blend and did 20 runs of linX beforehand. Beyond this (207 FSB) I get linX errors. I tried increasing the CPU-NB voltage and decreasing the speed of my RAM but it didn't fix the problem. I am not sure if I want to increase core voltage past this point. Any suggestions? 4.12 Ghz prime stable 1 hour.jpg

Just tried upping the HT by one multi to 2266 MHz and it crashed my system in linX. Probably need voltage added to HT? What's a safe limit for HT voltage?

Back