• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to put two 12cm fan on Hyper 212 Plus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBYuan

Registered
top1.jpg

The question is here:
Can I put both of the fans to blow in together (But not 1 in and 1 out) so that helps more on cooling? :sly:

Are you talking about stacking fans one on top the other? If so, doesn't work. There are compound fans out there that work well, but they are specially engineered to work together. Plus, the fans turn in opposite directions, have different blade counts and turn at different rpm to counter resonance issues.

I read it as "can I have two fans facing in on opposite sides?"

If you mean that, no, you want it to flow through the heatsink. If the fans are fighting each other, you are going to get very little airflow.

Standard Push/Pull. You just figure out a way to put another fan on it. Buy more fan mount springs, make your own, use rubber bands etc.

Put the second fan on a molex or a fan controller.

Lots of ways, it will help cooling. Nothing new for sure, get a good fan, put the weaker fan in pull, go for it. Or buy two new fans. No big deal.

So any of you guys uses 2 240V fan to cool the cpu down? XD

LOL, What?

Sure, it's been done. What the heck, you moving to uber air overclocking and no hearing left? Sure, go for it, have fun. Wayy outta my area of expertise. Best of luck.

Done here, I don't do roket science.

Most folks don't, as that would require an alternate AC source (no pun intended). It's easier to run your fans and such off the PSU directly. However, that doesn't stop some; in fact, it's been rumored that some crazy people use even more elaborate air cooling methods. ;)

So any of you guys uses 2 240V fan to cool the cpu down? XD

Maybe not 240V fans, but some people here do use some extremely powerful fans... Heck; I've seen a guy point one of these at the HSF on his open bench

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 338
Adding a second fan will only drop your core temps 1-2 degrees C. On a large cooler like the Hyper 212 Plus there is so much heat dissipation surface area that the temp differential between the cooling plates and the air you are blowing across them is relatively small. Wind tunnel fans help much more in situations where you have a small heat sink that is getting very hot.

Back