• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

~$35 CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TankTan38

Registered
Hello everyone. I am thinking about buying an AMD Phenom II x4 820 OEM from Newegg. Since it is OEM, I am going to need a cooler for it. My budget for the cooler is roughly $35. I want to be able to overclock it as much as the cooler and/or CPU will allow. Thanks.

What case are you putting it in. When using a tower cooler you have to make sure it will fit. Generally if the case is 8" wide and without a side fan then you can get most of the tower coolers in.

One the best air coolers for the money is the Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

+1

And depending on where the side fan is located and whether the cooler is facing up or facing back, it still might work. I have an original TRUE in an Antec 300 with side fan. The TRUE faces the top of the case. But if it were facing the back of the case it might be in the way. The Hyper 212 Plus will mount either direction on an AMD board.

One the best air coolers for the money is the Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

+2 :thup:

Cheapest price atm is Amazon $28.xx (shipped) , or keep your eye on Amazon for a possible lower price , as its been down to $22-25 .

Last edited:
+2 :thup:

Cheapest price shipped atm is Amazon $28.xx (shipped) , or keep your eye on Amazon for a possible lower price , as its been down to $22-25 .

I'll have to check Amazon, I was gonna order it from Newegg,but it is currently $30 plus $7.56 for shipping.

Yeah, I'll go along with the Hyper 212 Plus for a budget cooler. I bought one recently to review (which is in the works) and I bought it off Amazon because it was the cheapest there, shipped to my door. Got it for less than $29 shipped. The fan that comes with it works pretty well too, so you don't have to worry about upgrading that for a while.

Anyone looking for this cooler, Fry's has it for $20 After $10 Rebate + Tax for some states. Shipping obviously will be different for everyone. If you have a fry's nearby it is actually $27 or $28 instore - $10 rebate, so $20 AR.

http://www.frys.com/product/5971334?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I picked one up thinking it just might fit in my htpc, but sadly it doesn't. However I was able to get a hyper 101i for $13 at MC.

Back