• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II x6 1100 T Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tWiSt3D

This is my 1st AMD build ever so Im wondering about temps.Im right now using the stock pile of crap CPU fan that came with the cpu.Heres my Idle temp Oh and Im all stock no overclock

temp-1-1.png

When I played BF2 bad company for awhile I seen the highest it was at was 52c

Are these normal temps with the cheap air for this CPU?Also whats a good after market CPU air cooler for AMD?Thanks

What are your load temps? Put PRime 95 on small FFT and see what happens. 52C is as hot as it should get though already...

Ouch. And thats stock? The stock cooler should easily hold the stock speed CPU around 50C... mount likely isnt right or soemthing.

Ouch. And thats stock? The stock cooler should easily hold the stock speed CPU around 50C... mount likely isnt right or soemthing.

Its a pretty basic mount ya cant mess it up really I dont see how anyways.Has a clip with a lever hook up and lock down.

Nope doesnt feel hot at all and it doesnt change anything when I push on it.It did go from 30c to 28c when I took side panel off case.

Thats what IM checking out I only have 2 fans in it now one in back and one on top of case I have more fans.

My power supply is in the bottom of the case and it puts off some heat always has.And the 5770 isnt that far from it im sure thats alot of heat going on right there..The card itself Idles at 45c

Better case airflow is a start... more powerful exhaust fans or all around... What case do you have? How is wire management?

Poor case ventilation could also cause abnormally high temps. What case do you have and what about case fans? How big, how many?

The case if a cheapo case I threw together a budget cheap build Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case.Anyways i have 3 120s one in back and top blowing out and another 120 up front blowing in.

The case if a cheapo case I threw together a budget cheap build Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case.Anyways i have 3 120s one in back and top blowing out and another 120 up front blowing in.

That ought to do it.

Back