• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Portable hard drive failure, please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akibkhn

I have an old 160 gb drive (Memorex essential traveldrive, model ETD160GW if it helps) which won't be detected by my computer. When I plug it in to my computer it makes a noise which I can't really explain. It sounds alot like an old computer when it's trying to do something. I don't really care if the drive won't work I just want to know how to take the data off the drive.
TIA

I have an old 160 gb drive (Memorex essential traveldrive, model ETD160GW if it helps) which won't be detected by my computer. When I plug it in to my computer it makes a noise which I can't really explain. It sounds alot like an old computer when it's trying to do something. I don't really care if the drive won't work I just want to know how to take the data off the drive.
TIA

your best bet would be to open the enclosure and hook it to a known working inclosure or directly to a computer... if that doesnt work ur kinda SOL unless you want to pay big bucks for a data recovery place.

Back