• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your account email will be sent a code, which you will most likely have to redeem through origin.

NVM, I just looked it up. It opens for everyone to d/l on Thursday. It says it will be on Origin's "free game apps thing...

From the main BF3 website:

WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?

On Playstation 3, the Beta will appear automatically on the Playstation Network Store. On Xbox 360, it will automatically appear on Xbox Live Marketplace. On PC, it will automatically appear in the Origin application's Free Games page.

You only get the email if you get early access, everyone else can just D/L it on the 29th.

NVM, I just looked it up. It opens for everyone to d/l on Thursday. It says it will be on Origin's "free game apps thing...

From the main BF3 website:

WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?

On Playstation 3, the Beta will appear automatically on the Playstation Network Store. On Xbox 360, it will automatically appear on Xbox Live Marketplace. On PC, it will automatically appear in the Origin application's Free Games page.

You only get the email if you get early access, everyone else can just D/L it on the 29th.

Early download should be coming soon.. within 1 or 2 days.

okay i want the beta so where did you guys preorder this from? i was thinking newegg.

You don't have to preorder to be in the beta, you just get early access if you preorder.

The beta opens early access for those who bought MoH or preordered BF3 on Origin on the 27th, this Tuesday.

It opens for everybody else on Thursday, the 29th. All you have to do is download it from Origin and you're in. Don't have to reserve or preorder anything :)

You don't have to preorder to be in the beta, you just get early access if you preorder.

The beta opens early access for those who bought MoH or preordered BF3 on Origin on the 27th, this Tuesday.

It opens for everybody else on Thursday, the 29th. All you have to do is download it from Origin and you're in. Don't have to reserve or preorder anything :)

ah gotcha. i was planning on pre ordering it anyways though

I'll grab it if i see it on sale again. I may not like the EULA, but Sandboxie will take care of Origin...I don't want to miss out on this game.

Nvidia has released beta drivers for BF3

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.38-beta-driver.html

This is the recommended GeForce driver for the beta release of Battlefield 3.

Check here to see if your PC is ready for Battlefield 3.

New in Release 285.38

Increases performance in Battlefield 3 by up to 38%i.
Improves overall stability and image quality in Battlefield 3.
Added or updated SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third.
Fixed a performance regression in 285.27 beta running Crysis 2 (DirectX 9).
Read more about R285 drivers on GeForce.com.

Other Details

Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.11.06.21.
Installs HD Audio driver to version 1.2.24.0.
Supports OpenGL 4.2 for GeForce 400 series and 500 series GPUs and OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Thought I'd share with you guys a comparison between the PC and PS3 version of BF3.

Thanks for posting those drivers, DSM. Looks like they do support SLI for the AM3+ mobos too, awesome! My 570s will love BF3!

Thought I'd share with you guys a comparison between the PC and PS3 version of BF3.

Thanks for posting those drivers, DSM. Looks like they do support SLI for the AM3+ mobos too, awesome! My 570s will love BF3!

Fantastic video :D:D:D:D

Has anyone received anything from EA for the early access?

Back