• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Output performance to 40inch X4500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunchie

Registered
Hey guys just a quick question.

I have recently started thinking about using my 40inch tv as my main monitor and I was wondering two things.

A. If I do this by using the HDMI out on my GFX card should I set the resolution for the highest possible settings to compensate for the larger screen?

B. Based on the specs of my computer in my sig do you think this set up will be good enough for gaming level fps rates?

The TV in question is a full HD 100htz X series Sony (one of the last tasty ones made in Japan)

Well even though the screen is much bigger it is most likely only 1920x1080 and any PC monitor more than 20" usually displays that.

If you run windows 7 you can have both hooked up and switch between the two with the wondows-button+p shortcut. Your card should keep up just fine though. ;)

Oh ok so there is no point in running the screen at 2500?

What the TV will display bigger than 1920X1080? Hmmmm not saying ther is no point in having it up that high, it looks beter in to use the native resolution of a screen. But only to a point, aything bigger than 1080p might choke that card up but I can't say for sure.

your tv's max resolution is 1920 x 1080 and that's what you should use.
I play battlefield bad company 2 (medium settings) on my TV and I have an ati 5770 mildy oc'ed to 930Mhz core/1330mem.
I also play Dirt2 on it as well on all the highest settings.

so I would think you 6870 would do just fine.

The GPU doesn't care if it's a 5" screen or a 6000" screen, all it cares about is the resolution.
Odds are your TV is 1920x1080, just like the majority of monitors these days.
Setting the resolution higher then that will cause problems, as the tv cannot display it.

Hey guys just a quick question.

I have recently started thinking about using my 40inch tv as my main monitor and I was wondering two things.

A. If I do this by using the HDMI out on my GFX card should I set the resolution for the highest possible settings to compensate for the larger screen?

B. Based on the specs of my computer in my sig do you think this set up will be good enough for gaming level fps rates?

The TV in question is a full HD 100htz X series Sony (one of the last tasty ones made in Japan)
A. No you set it to match the resolution of the monitor.

B. A 6870 will charge through 1920x1080.

Back