• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake Live anyone play?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well I just checked out quake live lol love it. Haven't played since about 2006. Doing alright tho.

Add me Rumbl3 on qlive.

So nice to get back to a shooter that feels hard and fast, REAL.

lol

Ya I play.

I played Quake 3 Arena from 1999 on till Quake Live came out which is a nice adaptation on Q3A. Quake 4's multi player mode sucked really bad but the single player mode was ok. Good thing Quake Live came along..

I'm waiting on Crysis 2 to come out next month :bday:

Do they have any Team Arena maps? Team Arena was my stopping grounds way back when. I loved the maps and power ups. Ill certainly play if they do!!

Not sure.

To be honest I was mainly a dreamcast quake 3 player lol. Because back then i didn't have a good computer 333mhz pentium 2 with on board graphics lol. I knew nothing about computers then either lol. So I had the dc mouse and keyboard and played religiously.

So i see alot of the maps from dc lol.

Ahhh those were the days lol playing pc players on dc, even long after sega took down there servers we still had tons of servers around ran by different clans.

If anyone is interested, I checked Quake Live and it looks like Large maps that you might find in Team Arena are available w/ a premium membership. I am not entirely certain, does anyone else play Quake Live and know about the large outdoor team arena maps.

If anyone is interested, I checked Quake Live and it looks like Large maps that you might find in Team Arena are available w/ a premium membership. I am not entirely certain, does anyone else play Quake Live and know about the large outdoor team arena maps.

Well I'm gonna purchase pro so i'll let ya know ill have to look the maps up and see.

I have to say i fell back in love with this game lol. It's rough i like it because unlike the military shooters and stuff its actually hard you have to stay on your toes.

i used to play Q3 on the dreamcast too! good times.

Heh I used to be in the SG clan (smoking guns) we'd have scrims all the time against Atomic and Jedi. Specially in the end days lol when sega took there servers down there was only a few clans around but we all played every day. I think SG, atomic, and jedi are still around to this day with most of there original members heh. Man that and PSO was a live safer back then lol got laided off from the union and couldn't find any work at all for about 6 months. Wasn't for that i would of went crazy in my apartment heh.

There are several game types

Capture the Flag
Clan Arena
Team Death Match
Free For All
Duel
Freeze Tag
And different Insta modes

There a ton of maps but only a handfull of them are new. Most of the maps are from Quake 3 but have been spruced up and tweaked a little.

Game play is pretty smooth and it mimics unlagged but you will still 'feel' your ping.

I normally play Quake 3 Arena, due to the fact that nobody plays Rocket Arena anymore which was my all time favorite! This is the coolest thing ever tho! Glad I checked in over here at ocforums!

Back