• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Malware from tribalfusion.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProtoTraveler

I recently had a skirmish with some kind of malware/adware nonsense (in Windows 7). But it was not being detected or handled by Spybot, AdWare or Microsoft Security Essentials.

But along the way, I noticed a domain name, tribalfusion.com, arising in unwanted connections. After finding a lot of complaints on the net about these guys, I added *.tribalfusion.com to my Windows 7 Restricted Sites, then manually removed all references to it from the Registry. All problems disappeared, permanently.

Then I found this same garbage on other machines, and used the same procedure to correct it on each one. It would be interesting to hear how many of you can find "tribalfusion" in your respective Registries as well--it's serious bad news.

To save those using Windows the read:

"Just open your windows hostfile.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

drop down below the line a couple spaces that says 127.0.0.1 localhost and add these line

127.0.0.1 ctxt.tribalfusion.com
127.0.0.1 *.tribalfusion*

save and close the file then click on start/run
and in the run box type ipconfig /flushdns and click ok. Your done tribalfusion ads will not return again."

Back