• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've got my -bigadv back...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NV

... and the love affair is starting all over again.

When I started folding (a year and a couple months ago), I almost immediately jumped on -bigadv and loved the huge point gains. I folded -bigadv in Ubuntu until they took it off linux. Since then, my PPD just hasn't been the same. But now with the A5 core I'm folding a p6901, and it feels great :)

On -smp 6 this thing is moving along at 36-38min/frame (920 @ 3.8). Add that to the 16k points my GPUs made in the last 24 hours (460, 260, no OC)... yeah, this rig is ready to set some PPD personal records.

Also, I just found a purely cosmetic program that was sucking up roughly a core for no apparent reason. I don't think that 6.34 will let me fold on 7 cores, but I'm definitely going to test out 8 after I get a baseline for 6.

Just wanted to share. Fold on everybody :comp::rock::comp:

It's linux native. (p6901 IS bigadv, right? lol :p)

I tried running a VM and also running in wine, but both were giving me issues. The VM was especially bad, and wine choked my GPUs hard, and for some reason I couldn't get -bigadv going on it.

I haven't been at the computer all day and frame times are looking more like 33min now. :attn:

Back