• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5850 vs lastest 6xxxx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Is there much of a difference in cards ? I am considering updating my card in the next month or so maybe for future games, crysis 2 , BF3 etc and i play all my games with full eye candy @ 1920x1200 (single monitor). I was wondering if it would even be that much different ? I can't see to find charts that compare these cards.

Is there much of a difference in cards ? I am considering updating my card in the next month or so maybe for future games, crysis 2 , BF3 etc and i play all my games with full eye candy @ 1920x1200 (single monitor). I was wondering if it would even be that much different ? I can't see to find charts that compare these cards.

example , 6970 + phenom II 955 is equal and above the 5870 matrix 2gb + 1090T all stock . thats in 3d mark and benching or multi core processes .

gaming : the hd 6970 + 955 vs 5879 + 955 would give you a 15 - 20 percent DX 10 difference and with DX upto a 25- 30 % difference thanx to the optimized tessellation

hope that helps in anyway PS i have both and tested the , the 1090T + 5870 matrix with slight OC is you win vs stock 6970 , oc the 6970 and it will crush the 5870 :) hope that confusing explanation helped .

hey thanks... I got knocked down to 21st, but that wont happen for long... I have some tricks up my sleeve.

Back