• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-D14 in Thermaltake V4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mate11

Hello guys!
Im going to change the stock cooler of my Phenom.
I was looking at the Noctua NH-d14.
I have an ASRock 890GX Extreme 4 motherboard.
Someone is using this combination?
What do you think ? Will it fit in my Thermaltake V4?
(Excuse my english, im not a native speaker)
Thank you! :burn:

I do have to say that the ram and motherboard compatability isn't always precisely correct. It says that the D14 worked with my motherboard (X58A-UD5), but not my Ram (Gskill Pi series) due to the tall heatsinks. However, the combination of the two allow the ram to work with the heatsink, even though it is by the slimmest of margins.

I would literally measure everything and see if it might work. I think Noctua leaves a little bit of breathing room to prevent the D14s from being sent back, even if they are fine, just incompatible. I measured down to the mm, and it paid off, as I have a great CPU cooler in my machine now, even though I had to switch fans into a pull-pull setup.

I do think the RAM will be the biggest potential issue, rather than the motherboard though. I think there are more compatibility problems with the tall heatspreaders on some sticks of RAM.

I have a TT V3 which is the same with some minor front panel changes. 160mm clears with the side panel on but just barely. Don't expect to be able to move the front fan up if you run in to ram clearance problems. The room is not there.

Thank you everyone. I have classic sized ram so it should fit then .

Back