• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crash w/ some water WU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doer

hi,

just wondering if any of u have experienced f@h windows graphical client crashing when u got "some water" WU. I'm asking cause my both celeron and duron systems crash under win2k sp2 when I get that WU (client 2.15)... after I kill the processes in taskmanager and start f@h again, it crashes again!!

Well now I installed f@h 2.17beta on both and they're running again, but update info doesn't mention fix for that crashing. So does that crashing happen to u too?

s

There has been a problem for some folding proteins called "sidechains". These proteins crash the graphical client if you bring it up while the folding is in progress. Stanford appears to be aware and we chose not to go into the graphic display when those sidechains are folding. Another solution is to use the Text only (console) version which has no graphics. You install it directly into a folder and run it straight from there. You didn't mention sidechain in your trouble report but that is the protein most of us are having problems with. Hope this helps.

BTW: To my knowledge there is no fix yet for the crashing. It has something to do with your video setup (Open GL?).

JetMech said:
s

There has been a problem for some folding proteins called "sidechains". These proteins crash the graphical client if you bring it up while the folding is in progress. Stanford appears to be aware and we chose not to go into the graphic display when those sidechains are folding. Another solution is to use the Text only (console) version which has no graphics. You install it directly into a folder and run it straight from there. You didn't mention sidechain in your trouble report but that is the protein most of us are having problems with. Hope this helps.

BTW: To my knowledge there is no fix yet for the crashing. It has something to do with your video setup (Open GL?).

Tnx :) Now I know there has been problems w/ some WUs Though I've folded many sidechains wo/ problems. I just remember the WU, which crashed both comps had "water" in its name and progress was measured in ten frames. Maybe I should try later that console version hmm. (after next crash...;)

Back