• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertex2 - RMA replacement 90G #2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somegeek

My Vertex2 started having issues when bringing my Win7 box back up. NTLDR missing error. This was fixed a few times by power cycling my PSU, however it died eventually and scrolled errors when I performed a chkdsk. The RMA #1 I got died after a few reloads after loading a known good drive image with the same NTLDR issue. I was curious if this had to do with me using sleep vs hibernate or simply shutting down to power off?

Got my #2 replacement 90gig drive from OCZ today, installed system image, ran SSD Tweak with the default settings, disabled sleep, confirmed defrag won't run on the drive.

Any other items that I should be aware of to ensure smooth sailing with this drive?

somegeek

Last edited:
I had a couple issues that were resolved after updating to the latest intel chipset drivers for the north bridge and south bridge. Try that first and see...

Back