• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a driver.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Younglin

I'm looking for a driver for a radeon x700 pro 256Mb. Tried using one off of AMD.com but it didn't work. Windows can't find the right driver either. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Guru3d is where I head out to find older drivers.

Just use search, and look for x700.

On my older x850XT PE. I had the best performance with the 6.11. So you might look at the 2006 drivers for your needs.

First number is year, after the dot is the month. So 6.11 would be November 2006.

Unless you need drivers for 64bit (2007) or the 6.x NT kernel (vista and Win7) In that case, the DNA 2008 'b' driver will be more what you need for 32bit.

If your on XP. Them 6.11 drivers were very nice.

If your having issues driver bugs in games. Or bugs in general you may experience// Browse the fix log and find which drivers were a fix for that game or issue. Usually you look right after the game was originally released for the fix. Matching the driver date, versus the game. Going through each driver fix log chronologically later..

Yeah, that driver numbering (date) scheme does come in handy. :D

Last edited:
I installed 6.11 and no dice. The problem I'm having is this: The screen settings are locked on 640 x 480 and 4 bit color. This computer used to have windows 7 and ran great ( its my buddys comp he uses for wow) and it had to be formatted. I installed xp on it and have all drivers up and running except the display driver. It just won't work no matter what I try.

Go upwards in drivers then. Removing the old drivers before you do new ones.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/system_cleanup/driver_cleaner_pro.cfm
This is an older app that worked really good getting rid of old driver remains. The new version is payware me thinks. Being on XP makes things easier for some things. Lots of older tools you can use.

If this does not work. We can try some other steps. Or someone will pop in with other input.

i Have tried the newest drivers along with 6.11 -9.11. I'm stumped. Tried like 15 different driver versions. The hardware is fine, I know that for sure. I can't put my finger on the problem.

tried turning driver signer off and I have cleared out all previous drivers. I'm going to do a fresh install. AGAIN. and start from scratch. Then I'll try the 6.11 drivers again and work my way up.

Maybe try turning off your AV software, or disable it.

If you are already wiping. Driver install, before you do AV install. Do the VGA driver before anything else.

So I finished the new install of xp and got all the drivers installed but It still isn't working properly. The device manager says there are 8 x700's and they all have a code 12. Help anyone?

Back