• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sandy bridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcanise

ok now that sandy bridge is out i see that it can overclock like a champ

now my question is, is there anyone with LN2 awesome stuff that has broken 12GHZ with one of these, or is the 12GHz still not plausible?!

these things suck under cold. 5/5.5Ghzish on air/water and not muc more cold.

Last edited:
damn i was hoping for the record breaking12 ghz which by theory is impossible since electrons cant move that fast

Cant do it. Max multi supported is 57. Max bclock is 108. 6156 would be *about* the top speed for these chips currently.

6.1 GHZ is not that impressive damn it i want a CPU that break 12 GHz; if in fact a CPU can break 12 GHz then that CPU is breaking the speed of electrons, can some one do it?!

We might see some pretty impressive speeds from the extreme series sandy bridge chips coming later in the year.....doubtfully 12ghz but prolly pretty high.

I'm waiting for fully optical based processors. You know, like in movies? The little glass cube that does everything? We will still be struggling to run Total Annihilation with 500 units at full reso with it though. :rolleyes:

i have no expectations i just want things, like a 12GHZ 16 core CPU with HT, but nope not untill im 50 years old, which is 30 years from now, that is if the law of computing stays true and comp speeds double every year

Ghz really dont matter in today's processors though. Obviously, you are free to think what you want, but your line of thinking is causing unrealistic expectations. :)

Education and tempered expectations curb that feeling. :santa2:

Tempered is an understatement.

It's a bit scary how little of an improvement, say, Metro 2033 is over Crysis at a glance. It may be significantly more demanding- but without knowing X and Y draw so many resources, it doesn't look 3 years better by any means. Not to me.

Even games that weren't intended to only max out on future hardware from 2007 compared to stuff now.. not a massive difference (World in Conflict).

The stuff from 2007 looks way better than the stuff from 2004 which looks 10 times better than the stuff from 2000 which is 20x better than 1996 stuff which is 100x better than 1991 stuff... but the 2010-2011 stuff is not even twice as good as the 2007 stuff.

Diminishing gains. :rain:

now that you mention it, why hasnt there been a game developed yet that uses CGI quality graphics, im not talking Avatar movie realistic looking but ya know somewhere between avatar and crysis, hell are newer GPU's can handle ray tracing and such in real time so why not use it?!

Maybe its just because we have hit a wall with limits on it all....and just a wait till someone or group of ppl are able to climb that wall and leap beyond it past anything we are able to imagine atm.

New GPU's cannot handle ray tracing on such a level that you can play the game at an acceptable FPS.

im not saying use alot of ray tracing, just enough tracing to add that hint of realism, and i dont care what kind of computer iw ill need to play, i get a paycheck every 15 days and will be unless the US military goes away, i can take out a loan and build the most expensive machine.

what will it take to get something awesome

like ok heres a game idea i have had for a while, its a 100% free-roam life simulator

ok so its an RPG, thats online, the game gets released and people do the first logons, oh whats this, they a cavemen/women with no clothes no food and no homes, so they go out and build up a life, this game will have full interaction with its environment, like oh heres a stick and another and now im going to rub them together at a fast pace and bam! a very hot stick that i can now put in some dry grass and bam! i got fire, oh look a deer, let me grab this rock and throw it and bam! i got meat fire and leather, hrmm i got an idea let me take a rock and cut the leather into very thin strips to make string so i can attack a sharp rock to my long stick that i got from that tree over there which has grown since i first started playing.

and i can keep this up until i get to today, and since its online with thousands playing with knowledge of todays technology, i imagine it would only take about 1 maybe 2 months before you see the first sets of metals being made.

and it looks real, maybe it would be used more as a experimental thing than a game, but damn it i want it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back