• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

few x2 250 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

safe to run at 1.5V on water? I dont see my temps going about 35C on intel burn test.

NB voltage is safe at 1.4? Any max speed on it? right now im at 2650 with ram at 706 7-8-8-20-27-T1 (i know the timings my first amd mobo in 3 years)

anything else I should know?

Thanks

I don't watch the subforums all that much - just look at my e-mail notification once a day, which I'm just now getting to for yesterday. ;)

AMD's published voltage ranges for that CPU are 1.20-1.425 vCore and 1.15-1.20 cpuNB VID. vCore should be OK with those temps as long as the board isn't pushing that up farther under load. Some boards today can add as much as 0.05 vCore under load. :eek:

I'd say that's waaaay too much cpuNB VID, though. With a "safe" top end of 1.20v I'd limit it to 1.25v with good temps like you have.

Edit
No speed limit on the cpuNB - give it all she'll take, just watch the voltage. ;)

Last edited:
safe to run at 1.5V on water? I dont see my temps going about 35C on intel burn test.

NB voltage is safe at 1.4? Any max speed on it? right now im at 2650 with ram at 706 7-8-8-20-27-T1 (i know the timings my first amd mobo in 3 years)

anything else I should know?

Thanks

What component do your refer to when you say its at 2650 right now? Is that the CPU frequency or the HT Link/NB speed?

It would be helpful to us if you would download and install CPU-z and then upload pics of these tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will give us some valuable info about your hardware and your bios settings.

Looks good to m! Why single channel? You only using 1 stick of ram?

no have two but the massive heat sinks only allow me to run in single channel. Oh this is on a biostar a770e3. dirt cheap mobo. Nice thing about the mobo is how fast it boots out of bios. Never seen a mobo boot that fast.

Back