• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon Age 2 is out !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fatticus

Just played through the first 30 minutes of it, Any one else get it ? any thoughts ?!

Graphics are pretty crisp, with everything maxed and AA at 16x i get 40-60 fps and my cards get pretty damn hot :rock: Game play is so fun ! to bad i have to work tonight, i could see this game taking up a lot of my time this week :D

I'd buy it.. But I never got into Dragon Age Origins! Haha. I got lazy.. I'm certain I'd have fun if I played it properly, but my gaming days are on/off.. Takes a lot to start playing a certain game, and not so much to stop playing it and get distracted by a more 'quick-play' game like Left 4 Dead 2 XD.

Just played through the first 30 minutes of it, Any one else get it ? any thoughts ?!

Graphics are pretty crisp, with everything maxed and AA at 16x i get 40-60 fps and my cards get pretty damn hot :rock: Game play is so fun ! to bad i have to work tonight, i could see this game taking up a lot of my time this week :D

Did you turn on the DX11 stuff?

I watched the gamespot review and wasn't super impressed by how much they cut out of the game (made it closer to the console counterparts in DA:O)

How is the combat system compared to the first one...? I didn't like it so i never completed it...

i know what you mean, with school always in the way i usually just jump on and bust some heads in Black Ops or BC2... But.....the last 2 weeks i have been trying to get some good SP games in while im on reading week. Bullet storm and now Dragon age 2 :D

Yeah dx11 is on, i have not yet seen it on console but i would assume it looks better, i was quite pleased with the graphics.

Combat is similar, the wow style i guess, button mashing in a way. I like the set up, im a rogue and some of the ability's are really cool, and look cool as well.

I'm tempted to buy it now, but I'm still playing Dragon Age:Origins. Also Fallout. I also have Fallout New Vegas I haven't *started* yet.

If I bought it now it'd halve in price before I got round to playing it :p

Would just like to add, the amount of blood in this game is epic, after battles if you enter a cut scene your whole party is just covered in blood its siiiiiiick

I picked up a copy but it sits in the box
I want to finish at least Awakening before i move so I'm not confused lol

Been playing it since release. It seems "easier". More geared towards casual play and not the hardcore marathon players if that makes sense.

Playing it on the PS3 as I have taken most of my network down while I consolidate, up/downgrade and debate what I NEED vs. what I have.

One thing I dont like in the game is that companion armor is almost non existent. It may be a bug but I dont like that every armor piece you can buy is Main character only.

I wont include the one "bug/cheat" I have already found to avoid anyone who doesnt want to know it, seeing it.

DA2 is was much slower for me to get into than DA:O or Awakening. Combat feels a bit too loose around the edges. I am sitting at ~15+ hours of gameplay and I am just now getting into the game.

I will probably beat it once and not replay it for a year or so. I feel like Bioware trimmed the fat with this instalment, but they took a lot of the lean meat with it. =/

DA2 is was much slower for me to get into than DA:O or Awakening. Combat feels a bit too loose around the edges. I am sitting at ~15+ hours of gameplay and I am just now getting into the game.

I will probably beat it once and not replay it for a year or so. I feel like Bioware trimmed the fat with this instalment, but they took a lot of the lean meat with it. =/

Should have read the reviews at MetaCritic. I was laughing for hours reading the scathing reviews. I do not bother with the three lines of hate. Read the 4-6 paragraphs of well written, formated and un biased reviews. I always prefer player reviews to the Pro's.

Should have read the reviews at MetaCritic. I was laughing for hours reading the scathing reviews. I do not bother with the three lines of hate. Read the 4-6 paragraphs of well written, formated and un biased reviews. I always prefer player reviews to the Pro's.

I read them at the same time I was watching steam download my game...

it's great!

If you have played through DA:O and Awakening, and move that save up, then there are lots of little 'meta' things that are worth it, at least in my opinion. Slight changes to storyline, character mentions, 'in-jokes' based on past game results, etc.

I haven't beaten DA2 yet. Level 20 and near the end of Act 4 (still have Act 5 to go).

I got it as a pre-release. I don't have tons of time for it but my thoughts are this:

A little too easy most of the time. Bosses are tough enough.

It's getting boring. Its the same maps over and over again. Often houses belonging to different NPC's look exactly the same.

The reception of the community is quite horrible and i can understand. In gamespot, almost all of the fans of the franchise hate this game.

This so unusual, i mean there has never been a let down game in bioware rpg series, from Baldur's Gate games, through Neverwinter Nights games to Dragon Age Origins, and now we have...

I got it as a pre-release. I don't have tons of time for it but my thoughts are this:

A little too easy most of the time. Bosses are tough enough.

It's getting boring. Its the same maps over and over again. Often houses belonging to different NPC's look exactly the same.

Hey they switch it up! Sometimes you go through the house BACKWARDS!

I agree. I just finished DA:O last week and DA2 is nearly as much fun IMO. The fights are fun, and it's really nice that Hawk now have a voice. But the game just feels sooo linear and the main story isnt catching me anyway near as good as it does in DA:O...

Back