• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is there to look forward too?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

Now that Crysis 2 demo is out and it is clear its an arcade style console port for us PC gamers, WTH is comming out to look forward to?

With Crysis 1 still being what I consider the benchmark for what a purdee game can look like whats the point of having a high end system if there is nothing to push it other than Folding@Home?

Please, someone have some good news on stuff that I don't know about. I don't want some Starwars game be the only promising PC game to come out in the next few years(Smashing Starwars geeks in PVP sounds fun). Anyone else feel this way?

I am a FPS and MMO gamer, not really into RTS or Mass Effect type games.

:bang head

MW LL (Ignoring Mass Effect comment. Amazing game and you can bang your co-workers. Anyways...), Metro 2033 (will CRUSH your machine on ultra), Ghostbusters (you might be surprised what it takes to max this game the fudge out), Farcry 2, Flight Simulator X (Oh yeah, it'll push your gulftown/GTX 580 with everything maxed out), Alien VS Predator, etc etc etc.

Worst case scenario go six monitor and make resolution your bottleneck. There's always an excuse for 'moar' ;).

PC gaming will never die. Neither will luxury cars. We know we have the better equipment.

FSX on E6550 2GB 8800GTS512

i7950 4Ghz 6GB 6870

" GTX 580 (oc)

Will have to check out Metro 33, that was the kind of post I was looking for. I just noticed that Battlefield 3 will be comming out in fall ish, ok, getting excited again. Really I just need more reasons to upgrade to SB and 560's. TY!

The one game I am looking forward to is Battlefield 3 :)
is it fall yet :(

Since you like MMOs Rift is out right now and its really fun IMO.

and +1 for the Duke :)

and and I alsoooo can't wait for Diablo 3

RIFT is pretty taxing I would say....primarily because of all the people/objects/enemies that can be onscreen at once.

Otherwise, the only other game I WILL buy...is Battlefield 3 (and DNF of course.)

I'm hoping Battlefield 3 will set a new benchmark for how good games can look. From the footage DICE has released so far, it looks damn good. I think it's going to take a decent gaming rig to run it with everything maxed. These next 8 months are going to pass very slowly, for me. :(

What to look forward to??? Well heck...BF3, Skyrim, Dungeon Siege 3, being able to afford Homefront & Crysis 2...

there is so much to look forward to, BF3, next call of duty, check out bullet storm it was a fun fps, SWTOR is going to be epic, are you not a fan of Assassins creed ? it comes out in march, so does Dragon Age 2, and anywho i hear crysis will have dx11 support just not right from the get go, no ?

Will have to check out Metro 33, that was the kind of post I was looking for. I just noticed that Battlefield 3 will be comming out in fall ish, ok, getting excited again. Really I just need more reasons to upgrade to SB and 560's. TY!

Get Metro 2033. It makes my GTX 580 break down and cry at many parts on max settings-- and I have the fastest single GPU card out there atm. Buy it. It's got an interesting story with Russians, mutated rats, mutated dogs, mutated chimps, nazis, communists, gas masks, flying dragon monsters. Good stuff. I'd like your input if you do on what the critters that crawl in and out of the round holes in the sewer are. My money's on cats that had too much meow mix in them when the bomb went off and that somehow mutated them because they do make sort of a raspy meow but you let me know... Either way they really need to get to a vet.

Also if you like military sims, ARMA 2 on ultra will make ANY PC cry.
If you just plain like sims, FSX will make any PC cry. STILL can't max absolutely all the road/boat/air traffic out (CPU limitation on a bloomfield).

Duke Nukem
Rage
Doom IV
GTA V
RDR PC
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Mass Effect 3
Red Faction
Guild Wars 2
Brink
STALKER 2
Metro Sequel - You know its going to happen
Max Payne 3
SWTOR
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Portal 2
Witcher 2
Prey 2
Diablo 3
Bioshock Infinite
Spec Ops the line
And tonnes more

All of those may not be bleeding edge PC games but definitely quality titles.

Well, I do feel a bit more excited and much more willing to spend some money on a SB. BF3 I guess is my only current contender until I read about some of the other listed games. I guess I just need to snag Metro 33 and have it kick my machine in the bawlz to get me to pull the trigger on the new rig.

Thanks for the list guys.

Well, I do feel a bit more excited and much more willing to spend some money on a SB. BF3 I guess is my only current contender until I read about some of the other listed games. I guess I just need to snag Metro 33 and have it kick my machine in the bawlz to get me to pull the trigger on the new rig.

Thanks for the list guys.

It'll run. That Q6600 and the GTX 470 and the RAM aren't going to make it fly but my guess is that you can get a solid run out of it on medium. It definitely is an interesting game. A few parts kind of shook me to my core. There's one part where you find a lost boy and along the way back to his home there's an opening in the tunnel roof and he says "IS THAT THE SKY! WAIT UNTIL I TELL EVERYONE I SAW THE SKY!"
:shock::eek::screwy:

That creeped me out WAY more than the giant mutated rats... I would NOT want to live in Metro 2033. I hate taking the subway. LIVING in it... In a post-apocalyptic wasteland? No. Get the game. Neat story. It's definitely short though.

It'll run. That Q6600 and the GTX 470 and the RAM aren't going to make it fly but my guess is that you can get a solid run out of it on medium. It definitely is an interesting game. A few parts kind of shook me to my core. There's one part where you find a lost boy and along the way back to his home there's an opening in the tunnel roof and he says "IS THAT THE SKY! WAIT UNTIL I TELL EVERYONE I SAW THE SKY!"
:shock::eek::screwy:

That creeped me out WAY more than the giant mutated rats... I would NOT want to live in Metro 2033. I hate taking the subway. LIVING in it... In a post-apocalyptic wasteland? No. Get the game. Neat story. It's definitely short though.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Living in post-apocalyptic subway tunnels or the game? Keep in mind if you're running a Core2 CPU and DDR2 it isn't going to fly. Even a GTX580 can't do some parts justice on very high settings. I've only seen the game fly on a 4.2Ghz 950, 2000Mhz CL7, TWO GTX 580's overclocked SLI. (Timetolivecustoms, youtube)

I'm on 4Ghz 950, 1600Mhz CL7 (6GB) 1 GTX 580 OC

Back